Our mission is to inspire actions to help our environment via awareness such as presentations, articles, communications, and other possible solutions.
- Do nothing.
- Work on technological solutions
- Change our system by creating new models to change behaviors, for example, carbon taxes or other incentives to induce new ways that we act to promote a healthy environment
- Challenge our system and demand changes
- Really understand what is happening and take individual and collective appropriate actions
‘Eco-data Forum’ intentions
- To share relevant, accurate and unbiased data about the environment
- Suggest possible options
- Inspire action towards helping environment with ‘call to action’ challenges
- Measure/track actions taken from this forum’s influence
How can our data industry expertise help?
We have a great deal of skills and tools that can help make a difference in this cause. This group will help by using the below skills to help bring environmental awareness leading to healthy actions.
- Data storytelling: How to leverage accurate data with engaging stories to inspire appropriate actions.
- Data science: How to develop models to propose correlations, find causalities, predict outcomes, prescribe possible courses of action.
- Data governance: How to use frameworks and principles to highlight issues regarding inappropriate policies, procedures, and standards relating to the environment
- Data literacy: How to separate fact from fiction, and sharing when misinformation distorts what is really happening.
- Data analytics: How to assess, integrate, and make sense of the huge amount of information.
- Data visualization: How we can illustrate important information about the environment is a simple and easy to grasp manner
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning: How we can use algorithms and automation effectively to assist in environmental issues.